Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Break

I need to take a break from reading Christian Forums. I started going there because I was looking for creationists to debate with since the creationists I was debating on the Skeptical Friends Network where very bad at it and where badly outnumbered. What I found on Christian Forums was a good balance of evolution and creation proponents. There was actual rational discussion of the two positions. And mostly polite.

Lately I have been finding myself snipping at people rather then discussing things in a rational way. Somewhat due to me posting in other areas other then evolution and creation, but mostly because the posts I have read are from the radical right as well as radical Christians. Their posts are filled with such nonsense and hatred that I end up getting pissed and answering in kind. Which is not the best way to answer them, since I do say things that I regret later when I am heated since some of the comments I make not only piss off the person I am posting to, but the Christian friends I have on the forum as well.

Maybe I should just spend some time away and cut back on the coffee. But I think some time away will help, and remembering to take my time to respond. And remembering to walk away if I have nothing good to say.

No comments: